My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 37 Portos to Melide

12.5 miles. Cool with light rain most of the day. Remember all those hills you have seen in the photos? Well, today was the day of many medium sized hills. This morning I walked with a man from Pennsylvania; again he is planning on walking 20 to 25 miles a day to finish up the walk; this is his third walk on the Camino, and this time he will finish for his Compostela. I am very satisfied with my shorter distances. Arriving in Melide, I got lost for the first time; usually the way is well marked, I either missed it or there was no arrow. I had to backtrack about a 1/2 mile and still had problems finding the little hotel. I was so turned around, I asked the clerk the correct way to go when I leave in the morning.

My tiny room is a big change from the massive, quiet, comfortable room and inn of yesterday. This one is more like a nun's cell, with heat that again won't come on until evening. Wifi only works in the lobby. The Princess is longing for modern accoutrements. But I'll deal with it; tomorrow is another day and another chance to find a palace!

Wifi yesterday was very poor, so my blog post ended up a bit scrambled and wonky. It has now been fixed, so you should be able to go back and make sense of the day.












No comments:

Post a Comment