My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 21 Terradillos de Los Templarios to Bercianos de Real Camino

14.5 miles. Yowza, my short day disappeared. Note to self, only take one day are time! I decided on the short walk several days ago when I was exhausted. I had a long day yesterday, feeling fine this am, and after much debate, decided to push on. After all, my Canadian friend Mark (and Jeanne) were going to continue after buying new shoes in Sahagun. To skip to the end, they just arrived at my little hotel, and Mark has new light weight athletic shoes. We will probably be on a similar schedule for a while, we'll see.

At the hostal last night, I met Mark and Jeanne for dinner and met a new friend, Terry, from Great Britian, who was able to show me how to make an international call.

On the photos, check out the wine caves in the hill outside one of the villages. There will be more of them all around Leon, I stopped in Sahagun for breakfast, had some photo ops, then cruised on another 5 miles to Bercianos. I am motivated to finish the Meseta. Tomorrow will be a long slog into Mansilla de las Mulas, then a short walk to Leon and civilization. Yippee! All continues to go well, I feel great in spite of all the miles. And ... I am now more than 1/2 way through, and in just a few days will start over the mountains.
















No comments:

Post a Comment