My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Day 24 Leon

An altogether fine day! My Canadian friends, Mark and Jeannie stopped by the Parador this am at 7:30 for coffee while I had breakfast. They were most impressed with the building and my room. His feet are somewhat better, so they are pressing on as planned. I will miss visiting with them. I met Jesus at 11 for more sightseeing around this beautiful city, had some coffee and a nice long chat, then time for a short siesta before a late lunch. He and his sister,Marie, took me to a Greek restaurant owned by his student Pablo's parents (Pablo has stayed with John, Stace, and Jason Carman for a while). The food is all made by the husband and chef, while the wife takes care of the partrons. Anyway, it was a casual, 2 hour lunch, with some of the best Greek food I have had.

The sun should stay for the next few days, the temps remain cool. Mark continues to inspire me with how he is moving along with bad feet, so I may just do the same. However, after having a great mini vacation in such a great hotel and beautiful city, it is hard to wrap my mind around the work that starts again tomorrow. We'll see.













1 comment:

  1. I see several items in the ceramic shop that would be great auction items for the Lobster Dinner! Press on, Jill. We love your updates and admire your tenacity and perseverance.

    ReplyDelete