My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Supporting Women in Higher Education

As a woman in what was formerly a "man's" profession, I personally know how difficult it can be to be accepted into a professional educational school and achieve personal success. While practicing with my husband, Ken, my dental career has spanned over 30 wonderful years in Vacaville,  where we have treated many patients who have become an extended family for us. Since my profession of dentistry has prepared me to have a successful career and be of service to others, my passion is helping make all levels of higher education available to deserving women. I am thus dedicating my walk to raising money for this very worthy cause.

When the going gets tough, as I know it will, this will be an altruistic incentive for me to continue to put one foot in front of the other and keep on moving.  A pledge of a penny a mile is only $5, a dime a mile is $50, and $1 a mile is $500.  

The famous 'Tired Pilgrim", Leon, Spain
Soroptimist International of Vacaville, of which I have been a member for 34+ years, makes grants to local women attending college and working towards a 4 year or advanced degree.  Additionally, our Region, Founder Region where Soroptimist began in 1921, gives substantial fellowships to women in Northern California and Hawaii who are finishing their last year of a Ph.D program and have exhausted their funding resources.  Unless otherwise specified by the donor, monies donated in honor of my effort  will be split 50/50 between my local club and the Region.  100% of the money raised funds these efforts; we are all volunteers, overhead is covered in our general funds, not in Scholarship funds. Soroptimist is a registered 501 (c) (3), Federal ID # 94-6130798.  My Camino Campaign is now officially "kicked off" and striding onward with my own $500 contribution.

If you would like to support my efforts through a donation, you can send any amount at any time during or after the walk to:
     Soroptimist International of Vacaville
     PO Box 6054
     Vacaville CA 95696-6054

Please memo your check with "Jill" or "Camino".

or online via GoFundMe:   http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Thanks in advance for your support and good wishes, I am looking forward to hearing from you,

No comments:

Post a Comment