My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 8 Logrono to Navarrete

Only 8 miles today, a purposefuly short day. The book has this stage at 18.5 miles. I see no reason to push for that distance, so I am  in the only village on the direct route. Today was cold again, but warming somewhat, occasional light rain, and wind generally coming from the front. The really good news is few muddy places on the trail. It surprises me how much fighting the elements drains your strength. Today I was hungry, so had a wonderful Pilgrim lunch with grilled fresh salmon, and another entire bottle of a lovely local Rioja red wine (one glass is plenty for me). I am now 'chilled out' in my simple room, resting up for a bigger day tomorrow.
Logrono 

All my worldly possessions in the backpack and fanny pack




1 comment:

  1. Hi:

    I am a friend of Jim's. We have done a lot of riding together and he knew I wanted to do the Camino, so he set me your blog. The pictures and country side look great. The rain and cold not so much. You must be pretty tough.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete