My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 9 Navarette to Najera

10.5 miles and SUN! It was an altogether nice day for a walk in this beautiful country. Cool, some wind, but NO rain! The paths were generally well drained, with big puddles easy to get around, and only about a 1/2 mile section of mud over a hill, great views. The weird part is I walked almost the entire way without seeing any other pilgrims. I am either way ahead or way behind the other pilgrims.   And there are apparently few pilgrims right now; the word is next week there will be more as the weather warms.There were no intermediate villages along the way, so no rest stops until arriving in Najera. Fortunately, I trained by walking 2 -4 hours with no break, so this feels pretty normal. However, having a village and a coffee break is a wonderful thing; perhaps tomorrow.

The journey is going well, my progress is moving along as I had hoped.








2 comments:

  1. Keep the blogs and pic's coming.
    Today in Vacaville, CA it's 80 degrees! Spring has sprung and I'm afraid it has gone into summer....
    It's expected to reach 87 degrees this week. I am enjoying our weather but I must say we really really need the rain.
    Working on a lot of home improvements. Many projects going at once, I admit is not the smartest thing to do. I tend to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
    Keep safe and enjoy that cool wet weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great adventure. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete