My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Sunday, March 15, 2015

And So It Begins

The time has finally arrived; my new adventure begins. I feel as if I am prepared .... we shall soon see. Sunday night I am staying at a SFO airport hotel, flying out Monday morning, arriving in Madrid on Tuesday. My luxury will be an overnight stay in Madrid before embarqing on a 4 1/2 hour bus trip to Roncesvalles on Wednesday.  Thursday, the big walk begins. Fortunately, the weather continues to improve; the forecast now is for a high of 59 and cloudy, while Friday has a high of 66. This sounds like almost perfect conditions for a long walk in the beautiful and rugged eastern Pyrenees mountains, only 16 miles from France.

The next time you hear from me, I should have completed the first few days on the Camino, walking 13 1/2 miles from Roncesvalles to Zubiri, then another 13 miles to Pamplona. I am visualizing  a Buen Camino! and an epic adventure over 500 miles of ever changing gorgeous and historic countryside. I hope to hear from you as I mosey along .....

2 comments:

  1. ¡Buen viaje! and safe travels to you ... from the Chuns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cool Jill! Looking forward to following your exciting journey, I hope you're enjoying this fabulous opportunity (yet again!) ;)
    <3 Darci, fellow Vacaville Soroptimist Sister

    ReplyDelete