My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 12 Belorado to Villafranca Montes de Oca

8.5 miles, an easy walk on another lovely mild day. The Belorado  innkeeper, Paul, said many groups of Spamish Pilgrims are walking this week. Sure enough, there areany more Pilgrims on the trail, and I have met several groups of Australians. Another story is how Paul, formerly from Holland, is married to a Nicuragan, operating a tiny inn of 3 rooms for Pilgrims only in Belorado.

I am in a lovely hotel, not only is it the same hotel I stayed at before, but also the same room. Most pilgrims are continuing on to the top of the mountain, where accommodations and the 1 bar there are pretty grim. Paul reports it is substandard for even the basic albergues. I had previously decided to take it easier for the next several days and not do the long distances required, plus enjoy my creature comforts while I can.





No comments:

Post a Comment