My walk is dedicated to Soroptimist Scholarships. Your generous contribution will support a local woman attending a 4 year college and a woman completing her PhD dissertation.

*Please send your check in any amount to:

Soroptimist International of Vacaville

PO Box 6054

Vacaville CA 95696-6054

*or donate online: http://www.gofundme.com/jillwalks500miles

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day 11 Santo Domimgo de la Calzada to Belorado

14.2 miles with many paths similar to yesterday, however much of today was on paths along the road. Another mild, sunny, beautiful day with gorgeous scenery. Today I have entered the giant province of Castile y Leon, home of Burgos, Leon, the great plains or Meseta, and the ancestral home of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella who sent Columbus on his voyage of discovery of the New World.  I ended up leaving an hour later then normal due to a change to daylight savings time, so I didn't arrive at my tiny pensione until 2. Clothes were washed in a pail in the kitchen sink (on 2nd floor), then hung out to dry by leaning out the adjacent window and pinning them to the line in the sun. We take our modern conveinces for granted. The window has a lovely view of the storks, nesting in the top of the old church.

Perhaps because I started later, perhaps because "next week" is here, there are many more pilgrims on the trail. The American/Ugandan couple I met a few days ago are in my same little pensione. Due to their schedules, they start their long journey home tomorrow.

The book has 2 long days walks to Burgos; since I am in no hurry, I will divide it into 3 moderate days. And then I get a total rest day in the historical center of Burgos. All continues to mosey along well, other than being physically tired I have no complaints. The walk through this empty and green country is a joy.









2 comments:

  1. Noni, you are looking so good! I hope some Spanish pirates don't try to steal you because you are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noni, you are looking so good! I hope some Spanish pirates don't try to steal you because you are hot!

    ReplyDelete